BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Don't Worry Be Happy

Every time I hear that song I wonder how can I be happy?  How can I wake up in the morning with a smile on my face and not a thought of my bills and no money and up coming student loans and a car that is about to give out on me. I keep seeing no way off of this terrible merry go round that is making me sick.
A few weeks ago it hit me, one of those "a ha moments" that Oprah talks about. I haven't been taking care of myself.  Through all of the past four years I have been so stressed out about money and how can I get enough money to live, I wasn't living!  I was taking away from myself to pay bills and to make ends meet. How you ask? I wasn't eating very well at all. I was putting my money on my bills first. Then I don't sleep. I lay in bed and worry all night.
So to make a long story short I realized that if I am blessed enough to get an in person interview, who's going to hire a person who has dark circles under her eyes and looks sickly.  Also what good is it if I end up in the hospital (another bill) or God forbid dead.  And if the latter was to happen what does it matter if the cell phone gets turned off or the storage unit auctions off my stuff ( there are the only two bills I have.)  Then of course not eating or sleeping is not helping with my mood. That day that I had this revelation I went over to my book shelf and picked up a book I bought several years ago called Eat This and Live by Don Colbert, MD. I sat and read it from front to back and have about 20 little tab markers in it.  I also read Detox For The Rest Of Us, by Carole Jacobs which I was thrilled to not have to give up meat altogether cause I'm a steak and potato kind of girl.  The recipes in this book sound great and seem to be pretty affordable. I have been fighting this battle all the wrong way. To be happy I have to be healthy. To attract good things into my life I need to be happy.  So eating right is my first course of action.  If I come up with some good healthy recipes I'll try to post them. Or if any of you have some really good recipes that cost hardly anything to make I would really appreciate it.  So wish me luck on my road back to recovery and finally jumping off this crazy merry go round.

No comments:

Post a Comment