BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, October 30, 2009

I Won My First Award!!!

Yesterday for some strange reason I was very down in the dumps. I can't explain why, I just was. I felt like I can't seem to get my life together. Maybe it was that I have this trivial little job that pays no money and I always seem to be short at the end of the week. Maybe it's because I have to start back to college on monday and I really don't want to. I have no choice or I have to pay for the classes I took. And I don't have an extra $5,000.00 sitting around.
Maybe my gloomy mood  was the fact that my ex-husband and his new girlfriend are buying a house together. Not that I care that he has a girlfriend, or he's even buying a house. It's the fact that the townhome he did own was my daughter only inheritence from him. Now that he's going into this, where, once again does that leave my daughter? Also it burns me up that earlier this summer we had a problem with my parent plus loan for her school and they asked me to get a co-signer. Well my daughter immediately got on the phone with the most logical choice, him. When I had to get on the phone and face the embarrassment of having to ask for his help, he of course gave me a long speel about he couldn't cause he was having all kinds of issues with his credit and that he wouldn't be able to. Now I know why!   God I am so grateful I divorced him. The only good thing that came from that 10 year marriage was my daughter. Sorry for all the bitterness. Let me get back on track here.
Any way, I just felt down. Well, I got home and went to look at my emails and first I got an email from Madonna. No, I don't personally know Madonna. But the fact that I got this email made me giggle. Which I really did need. The email was pertaining to her project Raising Malawi. Which if I could honestly help, I would. I want no child of any place to be hungry or suffer in any way. Believe me, if I had Madonna's money I would be over there in a heartbeat building the schools myself. I know alot of people don't care for her but I look at this way. She once said that she wanted to conquer the world. Well she set out to do it and she accomplished it. Through this email and video of her asking for help I became more depressed. Thinking I can't give a $10.00 donation to help some poor children.
Deciding that I had to move on and see if there was any job offers, I scanned my other emails. Lots of junk and then I noticed someone commented on my blog. Yeaaaa! I love it when I get comments. Well this comment made my mood immediately change. I won an award !  I won "One Lovely Blog Award"! I have it proudly posted on the right hand side.  The wonderful blogger who gave me this award is Jael Custom Designs. I was so delighted, this whole putting a blog together with no knowledge has been very trying. And that made me very proud of myself and felt that yes I did a good job.
There is one little problem though as she put it, there are rules. I have to link to her site and mention her site. Then I have to pass my award to 15 other bloggers that I feel deserve this award. Well the problem is I don't know how to link. I've tried all night to figure this out and I can't get it. So, I already have blogs in mind of who I want to give this award to but can't at this very moment. As soon as I get this figured out I will have a list of the blogs. And hopefully I will make someone's day by giving this award to them. Just as Jen turned my day from dismal to wonderful and how I am extremely grateful for that. Thank you again Jen.

carol betz

4 comments:

  1. Yeah Jen is a gem! She helps this newbie out
    a lot. Congrats on your award!!! This is Tee
    returning the follow. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Hugs! I'm glad you're in better spirits. Okay, I'll search for your email address and email you instructions in a moment on linking. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have an award for you at http://kats-confessions.blogspot.com/
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the awards! I found you from MBC and am now following you! Check out my blog if you have a chance. http://ratherbechangingdiapers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete